Saturday, August 16, 2014

Teacher Retreat- Painting Fun

I am trying my best to wrap my brain around going back to school.  I am so thankful that we have a teacher's retreat to start this whole back to school process.  It is a gentle way to start the push that the new school year brings.  This year I had the honor of sharing my love for technology.  I love technology and am constantly amazed at all there is to do and see.  My favorite things to learn this summer were on coding and Google Lit. trips.  I can't wait to use them in the classroom! Until then I wanted to share some of the cool stuff my school did for some team building.  We had a painting party! Almost all the teachers were there and we all painted together.  I was supposed to help teach but ended up mainly painting-oops! 


My Final Painting
The Teachers of Painting


My Fourth Grade Team

3 comments:

  1. I am so honored to have had you mention the Google Lit Trips project as one of your "favorite things" you learned about this summer. Would love to hear more about your experience and to provide any support you might need.
    Jerome@GoogleLitTrips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! That is so awesome for you to leave me a comment! I learned about Google Lit Trips at a Tots and Technology conference this summer by TCEA. It was my first technology conference to attend and it was great!! Let me just say they represented Google very well!!
    As far as myself using Google Lit Trips, we are asked to teach students about real world applications all the time. For me, you don't get more "real world" with Google Lit Trips. It is a fantastic way to allow students to "see" the world out there and have a better understanding of their book. I love that it can be applied to any grade- that is a very hard task. I haven't started school yet, but for sure will get back to you with any support I might need! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete