Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good/Poor choices


Today was another great day!  I was so impressed with how well we lined up and walked quietly in the hall.  We will keep practicing to make sure we know 100% how to walk in the hall correctly.

Today I read Naughty Little Monkey's.  The kids loved this book and I do too!  It has to be one of my favorite books (and you can tell my how worn out it is!).  This is an ABC book so the kids were able to tell me what letter would come next- they did great!

We worked on how to use glue today.  We made our names with torn paper (which is also great for our fine motor skills).  They turned out fabulous and I can't wait to hang them up and show them off!!

Another book I read today was David Goes to School.  Most of the kids already knew David, but had not seen this book.  I really talked about how his choices made his friends in the story feel.  The illustrator did a great job with that!  We also talked about how even though David made some poor choices, he was still a good kid.  I explained that we all make mistakes, but as long as we learn from them and hopefully don't make them again, it's o.k. I really wanted the kids to see that David has a good heart and they do too!

The class went to art today and then specials.  They always love art!!

We are still working on how to pack up correctly, and so far it is going well. 



This picture is showing our chart for good and poor choices.  We discussed each card and talked about why it was good or poor.  I really liked the visuals on these cards and the class (I think) really understands what is expected of them.


It will be another great day tomorrow, I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment