Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fun with Math

I took some pictures of math activities we are doing this week!  Ask your child about them!




This is a ten frame match game.  They have to match the ten frame to the number to the wording.  So on the ten frame showing 6, they have to find the #6, then they have to find the wording - 1 more than 5.
So far they have been challenged, but like this game!



This is a picture of friends making different kinds of patterns.  This is a review, but so many friends just want to make ABAB patterns, I thought they needed the push to make a variety of patterns.





This is a greater than or less than roll the dice game.



This is another five/ten frame activity.  For this they have to roll the dice then say (depending on what frame they are working on) "I have _____.  I need _____ more to get to 5/10."




For this activity I have a lot of dice with the numbers up to 20 on them.  The student must roll the dice then order them from least to greatest and then write their numbers on the sheet. 


I hope you have enjoyed your little peek in what we have been doing for math this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment